About Dr. Salina Chan
Dr. Salina Chan is a naturopathic doctor, acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist. She graduated from Bastyr University with a Doctorate degree (ND) in Naturopathic Medicine, and a Masters degree (MSAOM) in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. She pursued further postgraduate training at Oregon College of Oriental Medicine and received her Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM). She has trained at the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine and Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China with various specialists with an emphasis in women’s health and infertilty. She has collaborated with Washington Center for Reproductive Medicine helping women undergoing assisted reproductive technologies with acupuncture.
Dr. Chan grew up in a family of traditional healers. She spent her childhood in Macau, China and immigrated to the United States with her family at the age of 12. After graduating from college, she traveled to China to study acupuncture and became interested in the integrative health care model. It inspired her to pursue a career in the healing arts, combining modern medicine with time tested ancient modalities. She has experience working with patients with various conditions, including pain management, seasonal allergies, digestive disorders, anxiety, depression, weight loss and hormonal imbalance. Dr. Chan utilizes various healing modalities such as acupuncture, herbal medicine, detoxification and nutritional supplements.
Dr. Chan has over 15 years of clinical experience. She worked and trained with her father for 10 years in an acupuncture and chinese herbal medicine practice in Seattle. She then established her own private practice in Northern California for 5 years. She recently relocated back to the Pacific Northwest and enjoys spending time with her family.
- Licensed Acupuncturist, East Asian Medicine Practitioner, Washington State
- Licensed Naturopathic Doctor, Washington State
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Molecular Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA - 1997
- Acupuncture Certificate, China Beijing International Acupuncture Training Center, Beijing, China - 1998
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine (ND), Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA - 2003
- Master of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MSAOM), Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA - 2004
- Advanced Clinical Training, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine Department of Gynecology, Beijing, China - 2004
- Collaboration with Washington Center for Reproductive Medicine (Bellevue, WA) using acupuncture with patients undergoing IVF - 2005-2006
- Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM), Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, OR - 2007
- Advanced Clinical Training, Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Department of Internal Medicine, Chengdu, China - 2007
- Private Practice, Washington State Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Center, Seattle, WA - 2004-2013
- Private Practice, Yuba City Acupuncture and Natural Medicine, Yuba City, CA - 2013-2018
- Private Practice, Willow Tree Acupuncture and Natural Medicine, Olympia, WA - 2018-current